For the most part, my professional experience has always been focused towards technology. I have held a number of roles in technology including:
- Chief Operating Officer (EVP)
- Program Manager, Computational Modeling
- Product Developer (software)
- Research Assistant (machine learning)
- Product Development Manager (Sprint Business – Sales and Marketing Support group)
- Systems and Application Development Manager (telecom network product)
- IT Manager for production support in small manufacturing
- Application Development Consultant
- Certified Technical Trainer (IBM Lotus, Microsoft)
- Various Technical Support roles
I am currently an Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Spektron Systems. My duties range from administrative to technical. I manage machine learning / data science projects using non-linear machine learning methods for building inferential and predictive models. The application space is the discovery of new molecular/chemical entities as candidates for pushing towards drug development.
I received a BS in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Arlington in December 2009. I started a BS-to-PhD program directly afterward. My PhD will be in Computer Science with an emphasis on Machine Learning. I am currently working on my dissertation research and am ABD (All But Dissertation). I have taken a Leave of Absence from this work while I focus on Spektron. My professional and academic fields intersect and I’m working on developing my thesis from my work here. For now, you can view my coursework here.